The Unconferenz 2012, I must say, was a wonderful event. The sessions were not only timely but lively conversations that I hope will continue long after the Unconferenz. We had sessions that focused on Social Innovation, the Hawaii Innovation Alliance, Code for America, Hawaii’s Broadband Initiative, Design Thinking and many more. This was also the first Unconferenz where we held an Ignite session, Ignite Honolulu 3.
I must also send out BIG Mahalos to several people for without their assistance and support the Unconferenz would not have happened. Thanks go out to:
- Kapi’olani Community College
- Mary Hattori – Center of Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Technology – Kapi’olani Community College
- Joan and Glenn Matsukawa – Food, beverages, supplies
- Kristi Mercado – Note taking
- Joseph Cantos – Note taking
- Llewellyn Wailehua – Note taking
- Jessica Lum – Note taking, IT Support
- Melissa Lum – Note taking, IT Supoprt
- Shanisse Imamoto – Note taking
- Mark Nagai- IT support and A/V
- Jerleen Bahm – Note taking
- Ellen Ercegovich – Note taking
- Cassie and Brandon Teshima – Desserts
- Ryan Ozawa – Ignite Honolulu 3 coordination, event support and all around great guy
- Jerome Koehler and Capsun Poe – Registration
- Chistine Koroki and Chris Ota – Ignite Honolulu 3
- Jen Pahlka and Tim O’Reilly – Code for America participation
- Kiman Wong – Oceanic
- Yuka Nagashima – High Tech Development Corp.
- Gordon Bruce and Forest Frizzell – City & County of Honolulu
Stay tune to for more notes, photos and videos from the Unconferenz 2012. I want to thank you all for being a part of this year’s Unconferenz and for making it a great success. Let’s take the energy generated at here and continue to make Hawaii a better place.